Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Adagio Brand AnTEAdote Tea

After a long time of changing diets and lifestyles, reading and experimenting there are a few basic guidelines I seem to have rested on. 

Perhaps most adamantly I try to control my blood sugar and insulin levels by limiting sugar and grains and by cardiovascular and weight training. Next, I try to create a balanced ratio (for my personal metabolic type) of omega 3 to 6 fats, raw to cooked food and fat to protein. After these enough quality water, sun exposure, antioxidants and DHA fats round off the basics I try to maintain.

I find the great majority of products I would consider worthy of a Health Food Purist happen to fulfill these basic guidelines without fail. A perfect example of such a product I have recently tried is Adiago brand AnTEAdote teas.

AnTEAdote is a line of bottled high quality, brewed teas -- pure and simple. The only added ingredient is vitamin C to preserve the color. So the teas give the wonderful antioxidant benefits teas have long been touted as having, some extra vitamin C and some water without any sugar. If that doesn't fit seamlessly into a sensible set of guidelines (such as the tenets I've rested on) I don't know what does.

The jasmine has to be my favorite with very sharp fruit and floral notes, but every flavor I tried was wonderful. Each variety is brewed full flavored but lightly, avoiding the acidity and tannin over-brewing creates. The oolong, green, white and black are recognizable and simple.

As part of a good healthy lifestyle the benefits of tea go beyond physical health. I find my morning and evening tea-drinking ritual relieves stress and indeed promotes a sense of wellness.




No comments: